Preseria's web application lets you create Conferences, invite presnters and upload presentation files. Below we cover the basic layout and common user interfaces.
Presenters getting invited to use preseria for the first time will have to enter their first name, last name and choose a password before continuing to upload their presentation files. Similarly, organization users will have to be invited by an organization admin and fill in the registration form before they can create their own Conferences using their newly created preseria account.
As an organizer, when using CSV Import to mass create a conference schedule, you can set the first names and last names of presenters. The name fields in the sign up form will then be pre-filled.
Both presenters and organizers login using the same portal. Depending on the region where your conference is hosted, you will log in at one of the following URLs:
- https://app.preseria.com for conferences hosted in North America.
- https://preseria.app for conferences hosted in Europe.
- https://sydney.preseria.com for conferences hosted in Australia.
If you have a preseria account, and don't remember your password, you can request a new password by clicking "Forgot Password". Remember to do this in the correct region, or you will not receive your password reset link.
Once logged in you will be automatically sent to the overview (dashboard), listing your upcoming and recent events (if you are an organizer) and scheduled presentation slots (if you are a presenter).
The Presenter's Dashboard¶
Presenters have a very limited set of actions they can perform once logged in. A presenter is allowed to:
- View their presentation slots for the different Conference Sessions they are presenting in.
- Modify the title of their presentation slots.
- Add, remove and change the order of presentation files in their presentation slots.
- Add a speaker biography (under "Account" > "Profile")
- Modify account details, such as First Name, Last Name and change their password.
Presenters, just like Organizers, can get direct help from the Preseria Support Team by using the chat widget inside the web app.
If the organizer of a Conference has a set an upload deadline for a Session, the presenters in that Session will only be able to view (not modify) their presentaions after the deadline has passed. The Organizer may at any point extend or remove the deadline, enabling the presenters to upload and delete files again.
The Organizer's Dashboard¶
Organizers can do everything a presenter can do, and additionally:
- Create and modify Conferences, Conference sessions and Day Conferences.
- Create Presentations ("ordered file collections") that can be re-used across Conferences and Sessions.
- Invite presenters, send reminders, re-order presentation slots and add breaks to Sessions or Day Conferences.
- Invite users in the same organization to co-manage Conferences and/or Sessions.
- Modify presentation titles on behalf of presenters.
- Upload presentation files on behalf of presenters.
- Upload Conference and Session backgrounds that on the Preseria Windows desktop app in "Presenter Mode" will be displayed when switching between presentations.
- Upload Email banner images to be used in emails sent to presenters from via Preseria.
The organization admin is a special type of organizer with heightened privileges that additionally allow him/her to:
- Set the default email template used when inviting presenters to a Conference.
- Set a default email header image for all emails sent to presenters.
- Add & Remove organizers to the organization (that in turn can create their own Conferences).
- Access and modify all the events created by organizers belonging to the same organization as the admin.